Pep Guardiola looks back on Man City thrashing at Everton

Alles Rund um Dragon Mania Legends
Antworten
chanoudom

Beitrag von chanoudom » Sa 31. Mär 2018, 08:46

Bild

sbobet asian Losing at Goodison Park was one of the more difficult moments of Pep Guardiola's first season at Manchester City

Losing to Everton at Goodison Park did make Pep Guardiola consider if his style of football could succeed in the Premier League.

Manchester City lost 4-0 last January in a game that saw them enjoy 71 per cent possession but lose out in the moments that mattered.

The coach's belief in his system did not disappear but he was willing to call it a day on the Etihad project if he was still not getting the results he wanted this season.

With a 16-point lead at the top of the Premier League as he prepares to return to Goodison on Saturday, Guardiola can happily talk about the heavy defeat.

"Of course, sometimes what I felt was I'm going to try and if it doesn't work I'll go home, someone else can come and try in his way," he said ahead of the Premier League encounter.

"In that moment there was concern about the result and what we can do to improve but even now I'm thinking what we can do to improve. sbobet asian

"Of course, I thought it could happen that it doesn't work but at the same time, I thought that if next season did not go well and was the same then Txiki [Begiristain] or Ferran [Soriano] or the people would decide and say 'OK Pep, you are not good enough with the players to do what you can do and we will change'.

"I'm not taking advantage of that because now we are in this position, I said many times that [my style] works.

"You always have doubts and when you don't win that's normal but I have said many times that until the end we will try.

"I said last season many times it works to play this way and I'll persist, I never doubted that. All the managers think the same. I feel that many times until the end and we'll try."

City have already smashed all kind of records this season and beating Everton would be the earliest any Premier League side has beaten all other 19 teams in a single campaign.

Such is their dominance they can afford to lose most of their remaining games and still win the title.

In doing so, Guardiola can finally beat Everton after drawing two and losing the other of their three encounters in the last two years, with the Toffees the only team to take points off City this season before their draw with Crystal Palace on New Year's Eve.

However, with a Champions League quarter-final likely to drain the players and United and Tottenham also coming up in April the manager is not worried about motivating his players and unwilling to countenance any slackening off.

"It’s not done. We are almost there and in almost an ideal situation but it isn’t done," he maintained.

"The Premier League is tough, you can lose two or three in a row and you are in trouble.

"Goodison is always a tough ground, the Manchester derby is going to be very, very difficult and we know how well Tottenham play at Wembley. sbobet asian

chanoudom

Chelsea could agree deal with Real Madrid for contract rebel Hazard

Beitrag von chanoudom » Di 24. Apr 2018, 07:54

Chelsea could agree deal with Real Madrid for contract rebel Hazard
Bild

sbobet24 According to Diario Gol, Chelsea could lose Eden Hazard to Real Madrid if Los Blancos meet his £88m valuation this summer. The Blues are desperate to hold onto the £200k-per-week star, but Hazard has reportedly stalled on contract talks to push through a move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Hazard joined Chelsea from Lille in 2012 and has gone on to make 295 appearances in all competitions, scoring and creating 161 goals. The 27-year-old has been in decent form this season, contributing 27 goals in a total of 46 games but has an uncertain future as a result of Real Madrid.

Los Blancos wanted Hazard before he even joined Chelsea and haven’t given up trying to procure his signature in the years that followed. The Belgian international has even publicly admitted it would be a dream to play for Real manager Zinedine Zidane. sbobet24

Chelsea’s disappointing season could be a factor too. The Londoners are in the FA Cup final next month, but their hopes of playing Champions League football next season are slim as they currently sit fifth in the Premier League table, five points adrift of fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur with four games remaining.

Hazard’s contract with Chelsea still has two years to run, but Diario Gol say he won’t agree to an extension as he wants to leave. It leaves the Blues with a difficult decision whether to cash in early or risk losing him for free in 2020. Real have reportedly put £88m on the table, which would be £53m in profit made. sbobet24

chanoudom

Liverpool transfer rumours: Reds ponder Xherdan Shaqiri bid

Beitrag von chanoudom » Fr 8. Jun 2018, 11:35

Liverpool transfer rumours: Reds ponder Xherdan Shaqiri bid

Bild

sbo bz sbobet All the latest Liverpool transfer rumours, with updates on potential moves for Xherdan Shaqiri and Alisson.

The Daily Mail says Jurgen Klopp remains keen to sign Roma goalkeeper Alisson and is also considering triggering a £12m release clause for Xherdan Shaqiri at Stoke.

But the Daily Telegraph says that while Klopp is indeed monitoring Shaqiri's situation, he is also looking for Welshman Harry Wilson to stake a first-team claim next season. sbo bz sbobet

Liverpool are on the brink of signing Lyon midfielder Nabil Fekir, with the club keen to conclude a deal before Saturday, according to Sky sources.

L'Equipe in France claims Liverpool will pay up to £53m for Fekir - with an initial fee of approximately £48m - and Le Parisien says ex-Reds boss Gerard Houllier has helped facilitate the deal. sbo bz sbobet

Antworten