Harry Maguire's record suggests Manchester United are missing out

Antworten
chanoudom

Beitrag von chanoudom » Fr 7. Sep 2018, 09:08

Bild

188bet Harry Maguire has shown that he can adapt with England so are the bigger clubs missing out? We take a look. When England return to Wembley on Saturday evening for the first time since their exploits in Russia, one of the loudest cheers will be reserved for Harry Maguire. There are no great club rivalries to divide opinion over the Leicester defender whose opener against Sweden took the country to their joint-best World Cup finish on foreign soil. He is well liked.

188bet And yet, for all the popularity, there are outstanding questions too. He was England's only outfield player to feature in their semi-final against Croatia who has never played Champions League football. Despite being widely tipped to join Manchester United in the summer, that will continue to be the case for the rest of the year too.

So just how good is Maguire? His Leicester team-mates have no doubts about his quality. Asked recently if this would be the player's year, goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel could not have been clearer. "I don't think it's going to be his year, I think it's going to be his decade," he told Sky Sports. 188bet "He's going to be one of the best defenders in the world, I think."

chanoudom

Sergio Aguero an 'authentic' Man City legend, says Pep Guardiola

Beitrag von chanoudom » So 23. Sep 2018, 04:56

Sergio Aguero an 'authentic' Man City legend, says Pep Guardiola

Bild

maxbet Pep Guardiola believes his Manchester City side reached the levels of last season's title-winning exploits during the 5-0 win over Cardiff, which saw Sergio Aguero score in his 300th appearance for the club. City responded to their midweek Champions League defeat to Lyon in style, with Aguero opening the scoring at Cardiff with his 205th goal in 300 games, a day after he penned a one-year contract extension.

"He is an authentic legend," Guardiola told Sky Sports. "It's important what he has done at this club and hopefully we will have him for longer and he stays in a good position." Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gundogan went on to extend City's lead before the break, maxbet while Riyad Mahrez scored his first goals in sky blue with a second-half double. "The level today was the level of last season," Guardiola added. "We cannot forget the Champions League, the opponents are good too, we knew that. It's part of the process.

"The season is long, there are a lot of games to play. After one not good result, the team came back where it normally is. "Of course we are more confident at 0-3 than 0-0, to score goals you have to be patient and let the game speak for itself. "This kind of thing happens, we were patient, we didn't suffer with the long balls and free-kicks, that's always important."

Guardiola also praised the "special talent" of Mahrez, with the Algerian coming off the bench to score two goals and seal an emphatic victory. "He played good," Guardiola said. maxbet "He's a guy who is going to help us a lot because he is a special talent and in front of the box he has an incredible quality. We are so satisfied."

chanoudom

Aaron Ramsey 'affected' by Mesut Ozil's Arsenal wage, says Andy Townsend

Beitrag von chanoudom » Fr 28. Sep 2018, 05:42

Aaron Ramsey 'affected' by Mesut Ozil's Arsenal wage, says Andy Townsend

Bild

maxbet Earning less than Mesut Ozil has played a part in Aaron Ramsey's Arsenal contract talks breaking down, Andy Townsend told The Debate. Discussions over a new deal for Ramsey look to be over after the Welshman failed to agree terms with the club, as reported earlier on Thursday, and he will be able to sign a pre-contract agreement with any foreign club from January 1 to join them next summer.

The news of the dispute broke despite Ramsey starting in five of Arsenal's six Premier League games so far this season, and seemingly playing a key part in Unai Emery's squad. Townsend told The Debate the breakdown may have occurred as a result of matters off the pitch, with Mesut Ozil's £350,000-a-week deal signed in February playing its part and Arsenal unlikely to offer Ramsey that kind of figure.

"It's a factor," he said. maxbet "They're all big boys, and know certain players will get a lot more than others. "That's the same at any club, but when you're in virtually the same position on the pitch, he's probably thinking that if they're paying Ozil that amount, he will never be in a stronger position than he is now in terms of age, experience and everything else, and sometimes you have to stand firm.

"Aaron's never been blessed with great pace, he's 27 and at the peak of his powers, he's not going to get any quicker, and he might not get a tremendous amount slower. He's that sort of player. "He's as productive as Ozil, I think, maxbet and if I was Ramsey right now and I was getting offered a third he's getting, I wouldn't take it either."

Antworten