A-LEAGUE EXPANSION HOPEFULS CHASING CELTIC LEGEND

Antworten
chanoudom

Beitrag von chanoudom » So 18. Nov 2018, 03:27

Bild

The backer of one of the A-League expansion hopefuls maxbet has revealed he wants to bring Celtic captain Scott Brown to the club as a marquee. The 33-year-old Scottish midfielder, who is a popular figure at Celtic Park and has played almost 500 games for the Hoops, is out of contract at the end of this season.

Western Melbourne Group backer Lou Sticca, who is also a well-known Australian football agent, revealed the plans to lure Brown to the club. “History is littered with players who at some point reach the conclusion it is time to move on," Sticca told Record Sport.

"Look at Wayne Rooney since he went to the MLS. He has reignited his career over there. Look at Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The new frontiers of football are America, Australia and Asia. maxbet “I probably shouldn’t say this but I’m an unabashed Celtic fan. I’ve been dealing with the club as an agent for over a decade now and with Peter Lawwell. So I want to be the last person ever to weaken Celtic Football Club.

“I’m not trying to steal Scott Brown away from Celtic. All I’ve done is ask a question. Ultimately it’ll be up to Scott as to whether he wants to continue on at Celtic or look to pastures new. “My position is very simple. I’m not trying to undermine Celtic - far from it - but if and when Scott decides to move on I want to insure that Australia is at the forefront of his thinking.

“That’s because I believe Scott Brown in a country like Australia would be a raging success. maxbet He’d become a cult hero the same as he is in Glasgow. He’s have the same impact here that Rooney is currently having in the States.”

Antworten